Pages

Tuesday 15 June 2010

The growth of my windowsill garden

Our windowsills have started to overflow with luscious pots of greenery and we're starting to run out of space. And its only set to get worse because this gardening and growing malarky is really rather addictive. One plant isn't enough; you start to lust after your next herb or vegetable. I've been bolstered by the promising young shoots from each pot that I've lined up on the sill and they've grown strong, straining towards the light.
We're lucky enough to have our own driveway and parking space which has become the latest stopping point for my pots. Our collection has been kindly supplemented my mother-in-love who has gifted us a handsome dish of pick-and-come-again lettuces and several pots of perennial and annual herbs. I am really craving strawberry plants now but we shall have to see if our watering routine is up to scratch as I'm concerned that, unlike my windowsill beauties, our driveway garden fall victim to out of sight, out of mind issues...

Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

1 comment:

Sue Krekorian said...

Those are looking rather lush! Whoever goes down to the car needs to take a bottle of watering water with them, and empty it before driving off!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...