Whether you're wondering what you're going to do with your allotment glut or you're planning to make the most of them while they're in season, there's lots that you can do with them. Check out my recent recipe or give this simple salad a go.
Courgette Salad with toasted seeds
You will need:
1 large carrot
1 yellow pepper
2 tbsp mixed seeds
2 tbsp lemon juice
- Heat a frying pan on a low heat and sprinkle the seeds in, moving them gently around the pan to ensure that they toast evenly on each side.
- Coursely grate the carrot and courgette and put in a bowl
- De-seed and finely slice the pepper and add to the bowl
- Dress with the lemon juice and toss with your hands until everything is combined
- Top with the seeds and serve