Soft & Moreish, Ultra Tasty Flapjacks
(with thanks to Dan for the initial inspiration!)
Soft and chewy flapjacks with a sweet and buttery taste. A great way to use up over ripe bananas.
80g demarera sugar110g (unsalted) butter
250g oats1 banana (ideally really ripe)
2 tbsp golden syrup or runny honey
- Preheat oven to 220c- Melt butter on a low heat
- Remove from heat and stir in sugar and syrup/honey for a few minutes (it won't all combine into a smooth mixture so don't worry too much!)
- Add oats to wet mixture and mix well until all the oats have a thin coating of buttery sugar-ness
- Mash up the banana with a fork until it's smooth and gooey- Fold banana into oats
- Spread evenly into a non-stick tray so that it's about 2.5cm thick- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes until golden brown on top
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes and then score into pieces with a knife
Add dried banana chips, chocolate chunks or soaked raisins to the mixture before you bake for more flavour.