Pages

Friday 27 February 2009

Review: Rococo, Oxford

Today, I was lucky enough to lunch with two friends to nourish us before an afternoon of dancing; perfecting our ceroc skills. One of the aforementioned had booked us a table at a little place called Rococo, which wasn't far from his home but is situated on the other side of Oxford to my usual stamping ground. It was nice to see a part of Oxford I'm not familiar with.
Rococo can be found tucked away in the Westway Shopping Centre in Botley and isn't a particularly assuming place. The clientelle was mixed and it was busy enough for us to sink into a corner and discuss politics to our hearts content. The service was satisfactory but not particularly attentive though this suited our needs. It was relaxed and friendly with a nice enough menu - specials were mainly crepe/pancake based and a member of our party enjoyed a delicious looking savory crepe with mushrooms, cream and ham. I went for a Reine pizza with arrived topped with mushrooms, ham and wonderfully fat green and black olives which went down a treat while supping their take on a St Clements - orange juice, lime cordial and bitter lemon over ice. We all finished with puddings and coffee. I went for my staple - tiramisu - which was very good though not the best I've ever had. I didn't get a chance to see the bill but it seemed, from the menu, that everything was reasonably priced. Would definitely return if I was in the area - doubtless I'll be getting a craving for their pizzas simply because of the olives in the not so distance future!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...